Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Resolutions.

New Years resolutions are so cliche.  Last year was the first year in quite a few that I even made any.  I made two last year, to get in shape and to be more direct with people about my opinions, feelings, wishes, etc..  For someone who does not want to make New Years resolutions because they are cliche my first one was the most cliche one of all.  The reason for picking that was because I had gained a lot of weight during the previous year and was having chest pains.  I felt it important for my health to get in better shape.  The second resolution I made was because I have a big problem telling people what I want or even talking to people in general.  Well I was quite successful for the most part until the beginning of this last semester when I put on all the weight I had lost.  I managed to be more forward with people (but still lost a girl I was dating because of my inability to talk about anything personal).  So this year I have decided to make resolutions again.  But rather than make different ones I have decided to continue with the same resolutions as last year.  I realized that somethings just take longer than a year, I know I can succeed because I did get in shape (just relapsed)  and I have made progress in my conversational skills I am just not all the way yet.  The new year has given me an excuse to refocus and think about the reasons that I failed before so hopefully I will do better this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment