Monday, December 29, 2008

December is great.

I like December.  It is so nice to have a break from school, get some snowboarding in, eat good food.  Speaking of the whole snowboarding thing, today I went riding at Snowbird.  It was the second time I have been riding since our family friend died in a freak avalanche in bounds at the resort.  I will save that story until I have some more time to think about it.  Back to today...  Oh man I felt lucky to be able to move my limbs today.  After jumping over a natural roller I landed a little forward and sunk my nose into the snow.  The next part seemed to all come in slow motion.  I fell on to my face and bounced off it doing a somersault.  I heard my spine crack all the way up, I thought for sure I was done for.  The body is quite resilient and can take a lot of punishment I know but still it is important to be able to realize when you are lucky and not take it for granted.  Hopefully I will be going up again tomorrow, if I can move that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment